Wednesday 28 July 2010

a few of my favourite things....


I LOVE baking and decorating cakes, there is something immensely satisfying about the process of creating a work of art that also tastes delicious....

Similarly I LOVE crochet, and by extention the sensory experience that is yarn - the colours and texture come in so many varieties there is always something new that I could choose...

This cake on the cakejournal blog is therefore the stuff that dreams are made of;



There are even instructions on how to make your very own; maybe I'll make myself a birthday cake this year! My own efforts in cake decorating haven't been half bad but aren't a patch on some of the gorgeous creations on that blog.

This is Lyra's birthday cake from this year.....

and this is Logan's....


see, not bad but I'm certainly not a pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment