Ingredients (makes 24 great big squidgey cookies.....)
6oz softened butter or margerine
6oz caster sugar
6oz soft brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
12oz SR flour
a 200g bar of chocolate chopped into chunks. I usually use 250g for luck **
**NB you could replace some of the chocolate with dried fruit, fudge or similar. The fudge will melt & spread but I think we can live with slightly messy looking cookies can't we. You could use chocolate chips but they seem a bit on the small side to me; I like my chocolate chunky! When I'm chopping my chocolate I find it easiest to leave the bar whole, lie it on a chopping board and cut the bar lengthways then widthways like this;
1. Pre-heat the oven to 175 *C, grease and line your baking trays
2. Beat butter/ marge & sugar together until creamy;
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla thoroughtly;
4. Sift in flour & fold in until combined;
5. Stir in the chocolate chunks (I used white chocolate & strawberry and milk chocolate this time around!);
6. Bake heaped dessertspoonfuls 6 to a tray for 10-12 minutes (they spread out quite a bit and should be only very slightly golden when they are done. they will sink down & go flat but that's the plan;
7. Leave the cookies to cool a little bit before lifting them onto a cooling rack or they will break apart.
8. Try not to eat them all at once.... OK just ONE more then....