Natalie's Ultimate Chocolate Brownie Recipe
200g 70% cocoa chocolate
200g milk chocolate
200g caster sugar
4 eggs, beaten
200g plain flour
Preheat oven to 160°C
Grease and line a suitable 8" square baking tin
• Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave (in a microwavable bowl) for a minute at a time and stirring in between. It is ready when a tiny bit of the chocolate is left unmelted; stir the mixture until this last bit has disappeared to prevent burning the chocolate
• Add the caster sugar and egg to the bowl and beat until smooth
• Sift in the flour and mix until just combined (it's ok if there's a tiny bit of flour left)
• Add the batter to the tin and spread evenly
• Bake in the centre of the oven for 35-40 minutes until just set in the middle
Cool, slice & scoff!
(delicious served warm with ice-cream)
I'm thinking of adapting this for Christmas by adding a teaspoon of mixed spice or cinnamon & nutmeg to the flour but my husband really doesn't want me to do a single thing different!